Best Roseville Commercial Vehicle Injury & Accident Lawyers
California roadways get more crowded with each passing day. While most of these new drivers are in cars an ever increasing number can be found in commercial vehicles – semis, dump trucks, box trucks, buses, vans, trailers, and taxicabs. There’s no denying that commercial vehicles are vital to our economy and the well-being of our citizens, but they also pose a huge risk in terms of catastrophic vehicle accidents. If you or someone you know is the victim of such an incident, contact the commercial vehicle accident lawyers at The Sevey Law Firm.
Our personal injury law firm has been serving Northern California residents for more than a decade. Our team of award-winning attorneys has legal experience in many areas of law including commercial vehicle crashes. Put the power of a top-notch legal team to work for you and get the compensation you need.
Contact us at (916) 788-7100 for a free, no-obligation review of your case. We will gladly answer any questions you have and begin creating a plan to get you and your family the justice you deserve. There’s no charge to talk to us, and we never collect a fee unless we win your case.
Commercial Vehicle Injuries
According to recent data from the US Department of Transportation, there are more than five million commercial vehicle crashes each year. Of these incidents, one and a half-million people are injured, and another thirty-thousand are killed. The costs from these accidents add up to a whopping eighty-seven billion dollars a year. Numbers like these prove that commercial vehicle collisions need to be taken seriously.
Commercial vehicles are much heavier than a standard car. In fact, a fully loaded big rig can weigh 25X more than a standard automobile. With such an enormous weight difference, it’s no wonder that commercial truck accidents can cause such an incredible amount of damage to other vehicles and their passengers.
People involved in commercial vehicle crashes often suffer severe, debilitating or life-threatening injuries. Think about it. An eighty-thousand-pound vehicle smashing into a car a fraction of its size – the odds of walking away unharmed are not good.
Because of this tremendous size disparity – and the enormous amount of force involved in a collision – it’s no wonder people get hurt so badly. Common injuries include:
- Broken Bones
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Severe Burns
If you or your family are suffering due to the negligence of a commercial vehicle driver, call (916) 571-0286 to speak to one of our personal injury attorneys today. We offer free, no obligation consultations with accident experts who will gladly review your case and tell you where you stand.
Don’t wait! The trucking insurance companies are already building their case against you. Why not hire a professional attorney to defend your rights and protect your interests? Call now!
Common Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents
There are almost as many types of commercial vehicle accidents as there are trucks on the road. Although each crash is unique and has its own set of circumstances, most can be classified into one of a handful of categories:
- Speeding – Arguably, the biggest cause of crashes today. When commercial drivers try to make up for lost time by speeding, they put everyone around them in harm’s way. Ever notice how long trucks take to get up to speed? Well, the reverse is true also – it takes an extended amount of time and longer distance for them to stop as well.
- Following Too Closely – Of a very similar nature. This type of driving pattern often leads to rear-end collisions or “run over” accidents.
- Distracted Driving – Daydreaming, fatigue, talking on the phone, eating, reaching for something – these are all frequently cited as reasons for commercial truck accidents.
- Drugs or Alcohol – Driving under the influence in a car is dangerous enough – it only gets worse in a commercial vehicle.
- Failing to Stop – Running a red light or blowing through a stop sign means 40 tons of force is about to T-Bone somebody. Never a position you want to be in.
- Unsafe Turns or Improper Merging – Trucks often have to swing wide or go into other lanes of traffic to turn. While a necessity of such a large vehicle, commercial operators are still required to give other drivers the right of way. Similarly, merging into the next lane can prove fatal when truck operators fail to see other drivers on the road. Especially when these other drivers are left with no avenue of escape.
- Parking Illegally – Blocking lanes of traffic, driveways or street signs can cause other drivers to swerve into oncoming traffic to pass. Doing so can be a recipe for disaster.
Commercial Vehicle Crash Liability
As in most personal injury cases, being able to demonstrate fault or negligence is the key to a successful outcome. But determining exactly WHO is liable in a commercial vehicle accident can be tricky.
If the commercial operator is employed by a trucking or shipping company, then the business is usually responsible for the driver’s actions. As long as the accident occurred as part of the employee’s assigned duties while on the job.
The situation becomes cloudier when the commercial driver is an Independent Contractor or works for themselves. Depending on the terms of their employment, the commercial driver’s employer may be held liable. On the other hand, the responsibility may fall entirely upon the driver.
Additionally, if hazardous materials are involved, the manufacturer or shipper of the products may bear some of the blame also. Your best bet is to work with a qualified commercial vehicle injury attorney.
Choosing A Commercial Vehicle Injury Attorney
Commercial vehicle injury cases are a complex area of law. They not only require skilled litigation abilities, but an in-depth understanding of traffic laws, insurance rules and regulations and a keen sense for accurately determining the facts.
The experts at The Sevey Law Firm have the experience and resources necessary to investigate nearly any type of commercial vehicle Incident. Our seasoned personal injury attorneys can determine how the law applies in your case and help build a custom action plan to guide you through the legal process.
Our personal injury law firm has a long history of assisting commercial vehicle accident victims in Northern California. We take great pride in ensuring our clients get the highest possible compensation for their pain, suffering and lost income. If you need our services, contact us today at (916) 788-7100 to arrange for a free consultation.
There’s absolutely no charge to speak to us, and we only collect a fee if we win your case. You owe it to yourself and your family to find out everything you may be entitled to. Don’t wait! Call us now to get started.